A Power Flush is a process which removes sludge build up in your boiler, pipes and radiators.
- Is your boiler noisy?
- Are your radiators taking longer to heat up?
- Do you have cold spots on your radiator?
- Is your radiator leaking?
- Do your radiators need bleeding more often?
- Is there dirty water coming out of the radiators?
- Are your radiators cold but your pipes hot?
- Frequent breakdowns?
All of these are signs that you may have a build up of sludge in your central heating system.
The process should be carried out by a Gas Safe registered heating engineer. There are many benefits to having a Power Flush.
- Improved efficiency of your boiler
- Can increase the life span of your system
- Prevents unnecessary breakdowns
- Enhanced energy efficiency
- Improves system reliability
- Reduced noises from boiler and radiators
- Radiators warm up quicker
- Can lower fuel bills
If you have your boiler serviced annually, as recommended, then a preventative flush should only be needed every 5 or 6 years. However, this can vary dependent on the system you have.
If you are having a new boiler, a cleanse should be carried out beforehand. This will help to prevent your new system from being contaminated by the sludge from your old system.