Knowing how to tell if your boiler pipe is frozen can save you a lot of hassle. Frozen boiler pipes, can be a real issue which can cause flooding and leave you without heating or hot water. However, they are simple to prevent (read our blog post on how to prevent pipes from freezing) and it will save you money and hassle if you can do so.
If you want to know how to tell if your boiler pipe is frozen, then look no further. There are some key signs which could help you identify any issues. One of the first signs is that no water is coming out of the taps when you turn them on. (A frozen pipe is not the only cause of no water as you could have a leak but it is a tell tale sign.
Other indications that you have a frozen pipe include:
- You have no hot water or heating
- You have just a trickle of water coming out of your taps
- There is frosting on the pipe
- There is an unpleasant smell coming from the taps or drains
- You may hear a gurgling noise coming from your boiler
If caught quickly enough, before the pipe bursts, you may be able to thaw them out (read our blog post on how to defrost frozen pipes) but if in doubt, call us and we can help.